We have a SharePoint site that we used to store some data. It was used at remote locations to be able to “map a drive” and interact with data. There is some old data in the site now, and we needed to move it off. I hadn’t messed with it in a while and forgot several of the little issues that come up when you use this solution.
First SharePoint has a file size limit, and an item count limit. I believe the file size limit is 50MB by default, but I don’t remember for sure (SharePoint 2010 and 2013). Also, from the client side there is a registry entry that you have to change in order to download files larger that 50 MB. I found that answer here:
FileSizeLimitInBytes is set to 5000000 which limits your download so just set it to maximum! (this is client side btw on windows 7)
- Right click on the FileSizeLimitInBytes and click Modify
- Click on Decimal
- In the Value data box, type 4294967295, and then click OK. Note this sets the maximum you can download from the Webdav to 4 gig at one time, I haven’t figured out how to make it unlimited so if you want to download more you need to split it up.
hopefully this helps for you guys!
The other issue is that PDFs tend to get checked out and stay checked out. So when you are trying to move the files, you have to make sure they are all checked back in first.