Using DPM 2012 had an error with SQL Auto Protection. In the error, it says to run “AutoProtectInstances.ps1” When I did that, I got this error:
Start-DPMAutoProtection : DPM could not enumerate SQL Server instances using Wi
ndows Management Instrumentation on the protected computer <ComputerName> . (ID: 965)
Please make sure that Windows Management Instrumentation for SQL server is in g
A quick search turned up this article talking about protecting SharePoint. The underlying problem was with the SQL instance that they were using so this fix worked:
You do have to run the cmd from an elevated prompt.