We have 5 Citrix Terminal Servers that are configured “identically”. After installing IE8 on two of them, the following started showing up:
After a bunch of searching, I saw a few people have gotten this, but no one had a solution, or at least I couldn’t find it. I did see a similar message related to Adobe Reader, and that is what helped me find the answer to our problem.
One of the servers was not having the problem, but it DID have IE8. hmmm.. It also had Adobe Reader 9 installed on it. The others had Adobe Reader 8.
So to fix the problem, required uninstalling IE8, updating to AR9, and then reinstalling IE8. I did try just installing the updated Adobe Reader, but it still got the error until I uninstalled IE8.